Breaking News

A Talk With Anjali Sunny

“I had started experiencing small pains in my legs as early as when I was 5 years old. But we did not give it much focus as everyone thought of it as normal and I had the pains mainly while walking or dancing. But the pains actually never went away. When I was in 4th grade we decided to find out about the pains and I was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy.



But my parents never let me feel like I had a condition, they never treated me as if anything was wrong with me and that I will say is my biggest strength. I wanted to study and completed my education till Post Graduation as a Regular student, of course there were many difficulties on the way.

I could not walk on my own and needed support for the smallest of journeys, but I always had a friend’s shoulder to support on. And they are the next biggest part of my life, they supported me to move forward, literally and metaphorically. After my 12th I had a break of one year because I had to find a college that was close to my home, and most importantly I had to find a way to go there. That is when my friend, who also joined the same college agreed to carry me. She carried me from my home to the vehicle we used to take to the college and from the vehicle to the college. I studied with normal students in the same class, so for the first few days I was quite apprehensive about how it would turn out. But to my surprise I was soon able to blend in.


I completed my BBA and then joined for M.Com at the same college as a regular student. Now I work from home as an accountant for a UAE based company. Apart from that I love drawing and have been doing it since my childhood. Also, I have learned graphic designing and freelances as a graphic designer too. But, even now I take my free time to draw. And I am also very fond of music, I used to sing and I love to play the piano so much, but recently my hands are getting weaker and I am trying new ways to keep my zest for the keys alive. I also do a bit of social media while I have the time. If I get the time, I am looking forward to do a course on digital media markering but have not decided on it yet. I have a kind of busy schedule these days but I have a lot of people supporting and loving me; my family, my friends they have given me the strength and motivation to be here. And with them I expect to move forward.” 

Anjaly Sunny (Artist & Accountant), Kerala 




Interviewed by Mr.Akash Kurup


No comments